1997 jeep wrangler fuel filter

it has a fuel filter. all vehicles do. probably under tucked inside a frame rail behind the trans area. probably on the driver's side. guessing though but its easy to find

superj said:
it has a fuel filter. all vehicles do. probably under tucked inside a frame rail behind the trans area. probably on the driver's side. guessing though but its easy to find

I asked the autoparts store and they say its not serviceable or could I purchase a new one

Green97TJ said:
Its in the fuel tank along with the pump.

Sent from my Droid using Jeepz

So its part of the whole fuel pump assembly?

I believe that the wrangler fuel filter is really just a wire mesh screen. It's in the tank (part of the pump), and is designed to be replaced when the fuel pump dies.

TerryMason said:
I believe that the wrangler fuel filter is really just a wire mesh screen. It's in the tank (part of the pump), and is designed to be replaced when the fuel pump dies.

That don't sound like it would catch to much dirt or anything else bad in the tank

wow, that is the fuel filter? thats horrible

Which is why our Jeep has a new fuel filter. It's a big sock-type thing, supposed to last for the life of the vehicle or the life of the fuel pump, whichever comes first.

Wow. I put two old school ones on my Jeep when I fixed the linkage the day after I brought it home

JohnnyO said:
Which is why our Jeep has a new fuel filter. It's a big sock-type thing, supposed to last for the life of the vehicle or the life of the fuel pump, whichever comes first.

What year is your jeep?

Back