Need help identifying a part

Rednek1280

I have a '99 Wrangler with a 4" lift. It was already lifted when I bought it, so I don't know any of the brands. There are two straight bars that run above the Track bar. Both bars mount onto an adapter attached to the frame on the passenger side and then onto another drop down adapter on the driver side where the track bar mounts on the bottom of. What are the technical names for these bars and where can I find replacements?

I think It could be the away bar. But post some pics of it to be sure.

These are the two bars that I need help identifying.

Attachments

• DSCF5369.JPG
    DSCF5369.JPG
    699.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF5370.JPG
    DSCF5370.JPG
    686.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF5371.JPG
    DSCF5371.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 111
It's an intricate brace for a trackbar drop bracket, no idea what brand. Why does it need replaced?

It's really not needed with a 4" lift, if it were my Jeep i'd remove that drop bracket and replace the drop pitman ARM with a stock unit.

I did a little off roading and the bottom bar broke off and that's the reasoning for the zip ties. Now my steering is all out of whack. I'm going to try your suggestion and hopefully that fixes everything.

It's possible you will not be able to easily return to the stock setup with your trackbar attached to the stock bracket. Check the frame bracket and see if the hole for the trackbar is still tapered and wasn't drilled out for the bolt attaching the drop bracket. If it's tapered, pick up a quality adjustable trackbar like a TeraFlex unit.

Back