Stalling! everytime I slow down!

Turtle

Here I go, once again... The problem now is that I stall out everytime I stop at a light or am slowing down to make a turn. This can be quite scary at times, Especially when a Semi is approaching! This weekend I am replacing the engine due to a busted main bearing. So I am not sure if I am stalling due to a bad motor that should not be running, but must so the owner can get from A to B or is this a carburator that needs rebuilding? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I believe after this I should be all good as far as my jeep is concerned! (88YJ st.6)Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?
Appreciation in advance!
~EB
[addsig]

My old carb caused my Jeep to do the same thing.

It's not a fix, but you may be able to turn the idle way up until you replace the engine. I actually made an extra gas pedal out of a bicycle hand brake mounted to my shifter that I would use to keep the thing running
image-missing.png

[addsig]

You are very resourcefull Terry! Thanks for the input, I was beginning to worry that my carb was going as well. How high can I raise my idle to? I have done it a few times now.
Thanks~Eb
[addsig]

I'm pretty sure its nothing as serious as your whole engine is going most likely its just thje carb, mine did alot a couple years back and i had it rebiult for 30 bucks and it was perfect for years, what happens on alot of them is they wont idle do to the fact the ventruris tubes getr clogged heres the website that helped me out alot. carter carb fix rebuilding your carb costs as little as 12 bucks and will work alot better..

1985 CJ-7 :258:T-5:300:30f:20r<P>TFI upgrade, Pulse Air removed, Omix-Ada 1-peice shafts, 31s, K&N filtercarter carb fix

Thank you, both of you. The resouces will be quite helpful with this particular problem. Hopefully this is the trick and I am on my way without worry.
image-missing.png
~Eb
[addsig]

I had this very problem with my 86 CJ7. It was the carter carb. I ended up going through three of them in less then two years. I am now using a weber and it is great. Just remember to check your computer system, that sould be your other problem. I just excluded the computer system from the eqation. And again stay away from the carter carb's they are garbage. Spend the extra bucks for the weber, and you will be happy. Keep on truckin'
[addsig]

Back