Jeep YJ Heater problems.

BillT

When I crank my Jeep with the heat on my belt squeals like crazy. If I wait a second after it's cranked to turn on the heat there's no noise but my voltage gauge drops about ~1.5 amps.

Is this normal, my belt doesn't have more than 25k miles on it, should I just replace it?

What's the rule of thumb for the tightness on belt? I've heard I shouldn't be able to twist it onto its side.

I'm just a kid sorry if I sound like an idiot. :D

just tighten it up. i think you are supposed to have only 1/2 inch of deflection but i don't remember for sure

When I crank my Jeep with the heat on my belt squeals like crazy. If I wait a second after it's cranked to turn on the heat there's no noise but my voltage gauge drops about ~1.5 amps.

Is this normal, my belt doesn't have more than 25k miles on it, should I just replace it?

What's the rule of thumb for the tightness on belt? I've heard I shouldn't be able to twist it onto its side.

I'm just a kid sorry if I sound like an idiot. :D
I cannt help yaa in the voltage drop area, but your belt should have 1/4 inch drop per foot when you depress it with moderate energy.
I really have a lot of respect to you young bucks that arrive on the forum And say that your a kid, that shows that you have integrity,I dont know ,I just think it is an exellent quality for a man to have. As far as sounding like an idiot,no way man this is the learning channel, thats what it's all about is to learn and help others, got a brotherhood here,Welcome.

Back