1973 cj5 tops

1972-1975 CJ5 tubs & windshields were the same. The doors will have snaps along the front & will insert directly into the body tub on the bottom and into a channel mounted to the inside of the winshield frame.(later doors inserted into hinges mounted on the outside of the tub & had no snaps).

Thanks a lot for that info. That really narrows down my options in my search for top and doors.

I have a late 70's early80's model soft top. What are the chances in making it fit my 73?

with enough time, money, or both, anything can fit

Not Super familar with tops on the CJ5's but the 76-up most likely will not fit a 75 and older. but, the tub dimentions from 55-75 were very damn near close, the attachment methods will differ, but they should to some extent be interchangable. I have a friend with a 57, I can see what he runs because I know his is not original.

I appreciate it. If anyone knows of a top and doors to fit my 73 I have another Jeep I'll trade. Its an 80 something model and the 44" tires don't go with it. I pulled the 302 out along with the transfer case and transmission.

092811191603.jpg

092811190958.jpg

Back