Steering stabilizer

brandt

I recently installed a 4" lift on my 06 LJ, alignment and all completed but the steering feels a bit sloppy. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with steering stabilizers or knew of a brand to stay away from.

Steering slop usually isn't caused by a stabilizer but more so a steering gear not adjusted right or worn or worn susp parts

Many run without a stabilizer and without issues. You sloppy steering is something else. Do you have taller wider tires with the 4 in? And were you stock before??
Remember taller and wider tires on 15 in rims will give a little more slop in the steering.

sounds like you might have bump steer. check your front trac bar and make sure it is tight. also if you didn't, you ideally should have either a front trac bar drop bracket or an adjustable drop bar.

also assuming you put larger tires on, make sure they are properly balanced. Additionally larger tires will magnify a bad ball joint.

Thanks for the help guys, I think i figured it out. I found that my forward upper track bar bushing bolt hole was about 5/8" where the bolt provided was a 1/2" bolt. I machined a bushing on the lathe to take up all the slack in the track bar. At least I didnt go spend all the money I didnt have to on a steering stabilizer. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Track bar.JPG
    Track bar.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 507
  • Track bar bushing.JPG
    Track bar bushing.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 362
Back