Exhaust Manifold Help Plzzz

oldskool71

Found the leak appears to be some sort of block off plate. Where can I get this piece. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1690500493.png
    image-1690500493.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 208

Consider making one from thicker steel. Use the old one as a template.

I tried looking for one of those block off plates for my tj and the parts store said they don't exist. That a spot for an egr valve but jeep never placed and egr valve in any vehicle atleast that what the parts guy said. I say trace the hole out with paper and make it out of steel then when you install it put some high temp gasket maker around it that way it won't leak. If your messing the bolt take the manifold to a hardware store and match one up that will work

luis said:
I tried looking for one of those block off plates for my tj and the parts store said they don't exist. That a spot for an egr valve but jeep never placed and egr valve in any vehicle atleast that what the parts guy said. I say trace the hole out with paper and make it out of steel then when you install it put some high temp gasket maker around it that way it won't leak. If your messing the bolt take the manifold to a hardware store and match one up that will work

Sounds good but it's still on the engine and it in a tight spot to get to. Thinking about just buying the new manifold and use it for the template?

oldskool71 said:
Sounds good but it's still on the engine and it in a tight spot to get to. Thinking about just buying the new manifold and use it for the template?

I took mine out it wasn't to hard. But I had the 4 cylinder. I say just go to an autozone and tell them that you need to make template of the block off plate out of one of there manifolds. I don't see why they would say no, just ask them if you can trace it on there counter

Good got in touch with dorman and they are going to send me the plate and bolts. He couldnt find a gasket so I gotta figure that part out.

Back