Door panel ideas????

duckkillerclyde

My door panels are for the most part ugly and worn out. I was thinking about replacing with diamond plate aluminum.

Anybody do this?

My thought is that it would be cold to the touch in the winter maybe a little more road noise and I am not real sure how one would make it look 'nice' at the top of the door. (where the window is)

What are your thoughts?

Or if someone knows of some 'cool' looking quality aftermarket door panels that are reasonably price, post up a link or a pic. Thanks!

The diamond plate might look good and if you wanted to reduce road noise I'm sure you could put some kind of material I between the panel an the door like dynomat or something like that I have also seen a couple people rhino line or line ex the door panel also

You can always fiberglass your own.

I've never done much with glass. I'm better with aluminum but thanks for the idea. The glass is probably better since it will probably not get as cold or as hot to the touch in extreme weather. I don't feel like burning myself on a hot day. :shades:

I've never done much with glass. I'm better with aluminum but thanks for the idea. The glass is probably better since it will probably not get as cold or as hot to the touch in extreme weather. I don't feel like burning myself on a hot day. :shades:
The previous owner of my Jeep made Aluminum diamond plate half doors. They don't get too hot in the winter and he just used some kind of automotive edge trim to go around the whole thing.

I have diamond plate aluminum doors on me yj noise is not a problem as long as you put some type of weather stripping around the edges

Q'Tec sells these:

For half doors:

96071lg-1.jpg

And for full doors:

5482lg-1.jpg

Back