glasspack muffler

Is that the same engine as a neon? If so, you can probably find it by searching for those cars

Don't do it I did sounds like crap and really don't do it if u take the cat out. Does not sound good at all

I did but nothing with a jeep 2.4l that I could find. It seems that no one does anything to them as far as mods
It's still a 4banger, I wouldn't recommend it. I tried many different muffler/converter setups behind my 4banger before finally coming back to an OEM muffler. Everything else sounded like crap, it's just not enough engine to sound decent.

I put a cherry bomb glass pack on my 4cyl. i really liked the sound at idle. sounds like a V8 but as you get moving it sounds like a ricer car and on the freeway bring ear plugs. it was fun for a day then changed to a longer cherry bomb turbo.. much more tolerable.

that is a good point, cali 92. if you are going to use a glass pack or cherry bomb on a four banger, get a really long one. the short ones giver it a high buzzy sound

I just put on a Banks cat-back, it sounds pretty good. Not exactly cheap, but it's been losing a muffler a year so I figured I'd save money in the long run if I got a good stainless system that I might get 3 to 5 years out of.
4-banger + glasspack = ricer

Check out this article. It's a good round up of various muffler options and how they sound. After reading this I went with the Borla and have been very happy with it. They rate it a 5 out of 10 for volume but it's pretty mellow. I could stand a little louder even.

i always thought this jeep had a magnaflo on it, because the kid i got it from told me that, but it turns out its a flowmaster. its ok for cruising around town but on the highway it can get annoying

Any thoughts for a 304ci AMC? I'm wanting muscle sound but not super loud unless I stomp on it. No cat.

Dual chamber flow masters sound really good. Three chambers are a little more quiet. Are u putting two mufflers or are u just running single exhaust?

I have the Cherry Bomb Turbo on my 2001 TJ 2.5, not a glass pack,so I can't say how it would sound. The Cherry Bomb Turbo is a little louder than stock, not obnoxious just a nice mellow tone. More noticeable at higher RPM at full throttle, sounds like more engine than I have. I am happy with it.

Back