glasspack muffler

luis

I have a 97 tj with a 4cyl 5 speed, now how would glasspacks sound on a 4 cylinder? I loved the sound on the v8s. But how would it sound on a 4 banger? I can't find any videos or sound clips. What's your opinions? My muffler keeps getting banged up and the glasspacks are a smaller design and more low profile

This is just in my opinion, if you want a good rumble from your exhaust, you gotta have a v-8. I have a 6cyl 258 with a glass pack and it sounds like a suped up lawnmower. I can only imagine a 4 cyl would sound like a suped up weed wacker. Only my opinion. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Check on YouTube for video. Search "jeep glasspack 4cyl".

Hey DKC, I just checked out that link an I think I was right. Suped up weed wacker. No offense to and 4 banger owners currently glass packing of course.

absolutemoon said:
Hey DKC, I just checked out that link an I think I was right. Suped up weed wacker. No offense to and 4 banger owners currently glass packing of course.

No offence taken at all. That's why I asked for your guys opinions its cause I want to know what you guys think

I had my muffler get sheered off by rocks once. It sounded nice and it rumbled real good but the cops didn't agree with me. And it constantly gave me a headache cause of the pipes rattling up against the skip plate

don't 'hot rod' around town and buy/build a bracket so it doesn't rattle.

duckkillerclyde said:
don't 'hot rod' around town and buy/build a bracket so it doesn't rattle.

No when it was rattling was when it got sheered off. Had it repaired the same day for 5 bucks but it was a 20 mile drive with the top and doors off which made everything louder

Any body out there know what a cherry bomb might sound like on the 2.4L. It's a totally different engine so I wonder if it will sound. More ... Or less like a weed whacker

Any body out there know what a cherry bomb might sound like on the 2.4L. It's a totally different engine so I wonder if it will sound. More ... Or less like a weed whacker

did you try youtube yet?
8610319a-1.gif

I did but nothing with a jeep 2.4l that I could find. It seems that no one does anything to them as far as mods

Back