Rhino liner

Atlas

Alright

My YJ has no carpet and has already been sprayed inside. Looks like it was done years ago. I really like it. My rig has no rot. PO was smart for doing this

I plan on taking the seats out to do this

2 things

In the divers side floor board the lining is gone and the white paint is showing. I want to redo it. What is a good brand? I hear mixed reviews

Also I want to freshen up the old faded lining. I intend to scrub it all clean. Should I spray paint it or do something else?

Purely cosmetic.

First I'll seal the cowl seam though with that 3M stuff

I did the same thing I took a paint scrapper and chiped away all the loose lining. Then I cleaned with mineral spirits and sprayed entire tub bed liner spray from Walmart. It looked great and cover imperfections total cost me 25 bucks and about 2 hours for prep and spray in. Cost effective and it looks great

Get this stuff

image-718497229.jpg

image-3954670547.jpg

i have used that on tons of vehicles on the underside. it works great

superj said:

Have you used it on fiberglass? "buck hours" body is 100% glass. I wonder how that would hold up to the additional flexing that come with the material? I sprayed my hood last summer with auto paint not specifically meant for fiberglass. Its already cracking at the curves on the hood. I would love to yank that nasty old carpet and put down this stuff.

superj said:

Really? That sounds effective. I never thought of that. I live in an area where the roads are salted to prevent icing and things rust out fast. What all can be sprayed? Lots of my underside is tarnished already, so I'll be in for hours of cleaning, but I'd be interested in finding a way to create a protectant under there to save what's left for a while longer.

it stays rubbery after it dries so i would imagine it would work on fiberglass.

you can spray the whole underside of hte vehicle with it, not just this or that.

I have found that the spray can gets kinda tacky in the summer. If I touched it, it would be on my finger. I used the brush or roll on hurculiner 17.99 (I think u get a quart) worked much better. Dried hard, inside and under the jeep. Took two quarts. Walmart or autozone.........
My only compaint with this stuff is once you hit a dusty road, all that dust gets in the rough texture of the lining and I can never seem to get it all out, it dries there.

Last edited:
I just Rhino'd mine. It was cheaper here in Costa Rica than what I got quoted in Miami. I have abused mine quite a bit, and it still looks like new.

Back