Doors

clydethepirate

Ok,
Still working on rebuilding these full steel doors I bought for my YJ.
The doors are off of a 84 CJ.
I thought.......:scratch:
What if I put all of this work into these doors and they happen to Not fit so I tried the on today.
Everything looks great except there's about a 3/8 gap at the top of the windshield.
The bottom fits nicely but the top has a gap.
Someone told me I can adjust the windshield frame at the top.
I said.... those bars across the top are holding it in place
He said........ it can still be adjusted, loosen the three bolts at the botton of the windshield frame and the two at the top, pull it back where I need it and tighten everthing up again...........
Anyone ever heard of this before? (I'm not believing it)

disregarding the latching mechanism, CJ7 and YJ doors are dimentionally the same and should fit as such.

EDIT: if it doesn't leak, then just run them, jeeps are exactly known for stellar body gaps and straight lines

I have used washers as shims at the top between the windshield frame and the roll bar supports to change the windshield angle a little to close the gap.

I had the same problem with my doors. If you loosen the torx safety bolt on top of the roll cage bar between the windshield and the main hoop, you can pull back on the top corner of the windshield and have someone tighten the bolt down. The bolt is ne'er the main hoop. It goes through a slot, and not just a whole, which enables this adjustment.

I found that and it worked great.
Now everything lines up like it should.

Back