2.5 to 4.0 swap

2thet

hello .. i am a newbie ... i have 3 jeeps that i have acquired 91,93, and one i think is an 89 .. 2 are 2.5 ... one does not run but the frame and body are fairly rust free. i have changed the clutch . in the 93 plus the master twice and the slave 3 times in 3 months im done with that ... i don't have much cash so i figured i would put the 4.0 in the jeep that is rust free and build that up ... i know it is not an easy a swap . but i have a complete donor wire harness and all if someone could guide me in my quest i would greatly appreciate it . i am not a mechanic but have a little no how ...i understand i have to move motor mounts but have no idea how much ... if any one has done this please help thanks a lot !!

sounds like you know what to do. the frame ears for the motor mounts are damn near the same, the motor mounts are different, so... I would mock the motor up, determine where it should go, bolt it down/weld it up.

I planed the same swap before I decided to go with a small block. I cut the 4.0 frame mounts out in preperation of the swap. PM me if you want them.

Back