What did you do to your Jeep today?

Spent most of weekend installing Trek Armor seat covers and heated seat pads. Once you have heated seats and no top you will wonder how you stayed warm b-4..... Anyway, hard part is wiring whole thing and trying not to make it look like a hack did it. Then it all kind of snowballed, had to take center console out for wiring, well I might as well replace factory sub while it's apart, oh yea and always wanted a B&M short shifter, and while I was wiring, another power outlet wouldn't be a bad idea and so on... So in other words the parts are ordered and it is not going to be done this weekend. Retail therapy is good for the Jeep. Pics when it's all put back together. Til next time

Soft doors were delivered and a hour later they were on the Jeep.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    655.2 KB · Views: 26
Ordered lift a week ago, measured diff points on jeep to compare later after lift is installed. Can't wait...

Re-torqued the exhaust manifold I put on last weekend and had to tighten the valve cover again... wonder why they keep coming loose?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

I think it is heat expansion. When I redid the top end of my engine last winter, I intructions even said to retorgue the bolts after x amount of miles. When I did this they were loose, they should seat in after you retorque them once or twice.

I've done it 4 times now....
I know it time to tighten them when it starts marking its territory...

Just finished monstaliner my CJ7! Already had hurculiner inside the tub, glad I went with monstaliner on outside due to the smoother texture. WWII OD Green was my choice of color.

Just finished monstaliner my CJ7! Already had hurculiner inside the tub, glad I went with monstaliner on outside due to the smoother texture. WWII OD Green was my choice of color.

Any pics?
it may be a bit early, but do you like one better?

Any pics?
it may be a bit early, but do you like one better?

I do have pics, took before, during and need to get the after n the am. Then will figure out how to post them. I use to know, but its been awhile.

Right now I favor the monstaliner just based on texture for the outside. The hurculiner is durable but hard to keep clean, and I have yet to get the rust stains from metal shavings I forgot to vacuum up off of it. We'll have to see how the monstaliner does in this south florida weather.

Re-torqued the exhaust manifold I put on last weekend and had to tighten the valve cover again... wonder why they keep coming loose?

On he exhaust try some anti seize. It worked for me. If not go to the dealer and get new spring clips and bolts. Do not over tighten.

On he exhaust try some anti seize. It worked for me. If not go to the dealer and get new spring clips and bolts. Do not over tighten.

No it's the valve cover that keeps getting loose...
I tightened it tighter this time than I did last so we'll see how it does, I'm worried about over tightening and mesdind up the gasket.

No it's the valve cover that keeps getting loose...
I tightened it tighter this time than I did last so we'll see how it does, I'm worried about over tightening and mesdind up the gasket.

Well check if those bolts stretch. Some bolts like the bolts that hold the intake and exhaust only have so many uses because the do stretch. I 'm sure you cleaned up both surfaces really well. Right?

Yes I replaced the engine ~25k ago and everything was cleaned really well and new gaskets...
I'll do some research on the bolts, thanks for the suggestions...

Put on new tires, front bumper, new console. time to start sanding the ridiculous pin striping off and rhinoline it.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 139.jpg
    139.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg