What did you do to your Jeep today?

going over the mountains on Trail Creek Road.jpg

Drove my Jeep over Trail Creek Road to Ketchum and then home. Had frau with me. She likes the tough little Jeep.

Picked up some factory half doors off Craigslist for $80. They're already black on the outside, just gotta paint the door panels to match and get some mirrors.

Switching out half doors for full, and drilling holes to mount mirrors on the hinge plates.
Made plate covers for where the sport mirrors were attached.
Did a lot of paint touch up and gegeral cleaning and inspection.
I find it fun exploring a vehicle after purchasing it... getting intimate... so far, I am not disappointed.
The lack of rust and corrosion for a 1991 is fabulous.
The PO told me that it had never been seriously off road, and that it had been garaged for most of it's life.
One issue i am having is the speedo is KMPH and not MPH, I would like to find a gauge plate to convert it to miles, and get some LEDs behind the dash since it is so dim.

I am going to put on the hard top after i clean it up tomorrow, ill post more pics.

Attachments

• jeep small.jpg
    jeep small.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Similar, caved in took off summer bikini top and 1/2 doors, put on hard top and full doors.. boo... Fall

Do you run hotter or overheat? All the stuff in front of the radiator might be an issue at some point. The grill inserts, winch, stinger with the aerodynamic plate, 1.5+body lift... Do you still have the fan shroud?

Nope, doesn't run hotter or overheart....still runs at 210. Yes I still have the fan shroud.

had my 82cj7 in or its MA state safety inspection...it passed! Woohoo

Left the house this mourning, got on the highway and my door was not completely closed. So I opened it and gave a good hearty yank to shut it. That's when all hell broke loss.
Something with the speed of a speeding bullet hit the interior of my windshield and bounced off> I'm like wtf, started looking around for birds,lol. Pulled off the road and got to looking around, didn't see anything wrong,or the object that hit my window from the inside of the jeep.
I'm sitting there, and wondering what to heck, then I felt a slight breeze and looked up and my skylight in the hard top was missing. So when I slammed the door the pressure blew the darn window out. Went back to the scene of the issue, and yup there it lay in a million pieces in the middle of the road.
So where do I get anouther window from, lol. Life is good, hey.

Left the house this mourning, got on the highway and my door was not completely closed. So I opened it and gave a good hearty yank to shut it. That's when all hell broke loss. Something with the speed of a speeding bullet hit the interior of my windshield and bounced off> I'm like wtf, started looking around for birds,lol. Pulled off the road and got to looking around, didn't see anything wrong,or the object that hit my window from the inside of the jeep. I'm sitting there, and wondering what to heck, then I felt a slight breeze and looked up and my skylight in the hard top was missing. So when I slammed the door the pressure blew the darn window out. Went back to the scene of the issue, and yup there it lay in a million pieces in the middle of the road. So where do I get anouther window from, lol. Life is good, hey.
It's like fishing. Pick a spot on the highway and wait for someone to do the same and catch theirs before it hits the ground.
If all else fails check a truck cap manufacturer or RV shop.

Drag link tie rod end separated while taking a corner into my alley. Tied it to get to driveway. It was dry, wouldn't take grease Could have been worse

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_141329.jpg
    IMG_20151121_141329.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20151121_184626.jpg
    IMG_20151121_184626.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20151118_135835.jpg
    IMG_20151118_135835.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 23
Back