What did you do to your Jeep today?

@jeepinaround...good tip for extra storage. Took this to another level by adding an organizer for the deep jeep center console. IMG_20191125_094058_edit.pngIMG_20191125_094106_edit.pngIMG_20191123_153429.jpgIMG_20191123_153457.jpg

In case anyone installed a dv8 tire carrier or did a spare tire delete, here is a cool way to wire the third brake light (and add a strober) + retain a license plate light
!

What's up Jeep fam! Made a video showing off glass upper window sliders for the Jeep TJ, from Bestop. Mostly positives but a couple things you should know before pulling the trigger. Really hope this is helpful! Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Made a video showing my 5 favorite super cheap "mods" to the rig each around 10$. Hope this gets some wheels turnin' for the jeep family! Cheers!

Finally found fully plug and play Halo LED headlights for the JK and wanted to share the full install video + night clips. I have seen many people asking for "best LED headlights," and I hope this video answers a lot of questions as well as shows you how to properly align your headlights. Cheers jeep fam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Finally found fully plug and play Halo LED headlights for the JK and wanted to share the full install video + night clips. I have seen many people asking for "best LED headlights,"

Those look like a pretty easy install - good work.

What's up jeep fam! On today's episode, we show you how to replace the pesky shift indicator light on your Automatic Jeep Wrangler JK with a longer lasting and brighter LED Unit! We also announce the winner of our second giveaway, of LED headlights + LED spot lights! Be sure to check out the episode, found right here! https://youtu.be/RWI91yHPJio Cheers Jeep family!

Wanted to make a video talking about our path to running 35 inch tires on our 2001 Jeep TJ 4.0 w/ factory 3.73 gears and manual transmission. There is a lot of information on the web regarding what needs to be upgraded to run 35s, and often times, this information is misleading. In this episode, I show you exactly what I did to run 35 inch tires on a SUPER budget. So far, it has been suiting my needs perfectly, although I understand that this would be less than ideal for many extreme wheelers. We absolutely love the way we got the job done and would do it again in a heart beat. Thank you for watching and please reach out if you have any questions at all!

https://youtu.be/oHvydmHxhiQ

!

https://youtu.be/oHvydmHxhiQ

Your link is messed up
BTW

Intake and exhaust will not improve power or efficiency on the 4.0. Placebo effect. The PCM relearns it within 500 mi.

The regearing is to gain back high gear in auto trans. Even in manual. Are you able to pass or pull a incline and hold speed at or above 65mph in top (5th) gear? Auto trans lose high gear and cannot maintain highway speeds.
Normal driving should occur between 2250 and 3000 RPM. This is the max efficiency for the engine without lugging. Lugging or loading the engine (below 2250 rpm) over a long time results in engine damage.
A lot of engineering went into this chart. I’d follow it.
IMG_0769.JPG from Quadratec.com

Front axels are often smaller than a D44. This means the ring gear and teeth are thinner. Same for the shafts. Hammering the gas in 4L 1st or 2nd gear is what twists the shaft or breaks ring gears. So light wheeling and no 4x4 burnouts, or hammering the skinny pedal allows the shafts and gearing to last.
Regardless larger heavier tires increases stopping distances. And anything adding weight. Height may make a difference as well in some cases. So, I wouldn’t say larger brakes are not needed.
When hot likelihood of brake fade is what to consider. Also, descending steep and lengthy inclines wheeling.

What you did may fit your style of wheeling but there are many other levels that need consideration.

Q:
Did you do any of this because you didn’t mention
1) lengthen your brake lines
2) lengthen Bump stops
3) lengthening track bar
4) aligning after lift
5) shocks?
6) extended sway bat links (10 deg above level)

Good luck with your new setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Installed some crazy bright led fog lights which also have a daytime running light feature. They light up when the ignition is switched on and can still be controlled by the factory switch. Love the increase in light at night!

Back