What did you do to your Jeep today?

Sorry to hear. I hope you stick around the forum. Maybe get another someday.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

How much Dielectric grease is to much ? apparently you can smather (Waffle House lingo ) all the Dielectric grease you want on battery cables and connectors. I cleaned my battery terminals today on a 02 Laredo.

jeep in the grass - big.JPG

Nothing. I did nothing to my Jeep again. It functions perfectly all the time. I replaced the stock rims with aluminium rims early spring. Have procured a T-18 for my Jeep. To cold in the shop to work. Early spring.

Today I finished installing a Borgeson universal joint Turns out no one offers a UJ I could use. Maybe i didn't check enough suppliers. Suppliers offered a complete shaft only at an expensive price. All I needed was a UJ. Spent 80.00 bucks. Part # 014352. Bored the DD end to one inch and welded my shaft to the U joint.

i have a 94 YJ. trying to find a way to "re locate" the gas tank filling port. most gas stations have to much "ecology" on the pump spout that it will not fit into the tank port. vin

Knuckels - im not aware of anyone selling the steering shaft u joint. Only the full shaft as you found.

Vinn - not sure but the 60-70 stile of flip down license plate would be a nice addition. And you would be able to use most any spout. I imaging it would be a lot of work.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I replaced all the tie rod ends on my TJ. It seems like ever two years the steering just gets sloppy, and Mr Death Wobble tries to stick his head up.

My JK worried me one day last week. I was on a short stretch of road and it felt like the beginning of the death wobble. It must have been a bad road because I've not felt that with this jeep before or since.

I finally got around to replacing my 4 year old radiator. This time I went with Denso (it was only $85 shipped).
I know that my radiator had a leak, but after I pulled it out I realized how bad it was

IMG_0018_jeep-radiator.JPG

IMG_0019_jeep-radiator.JPG

4 yrs isn't very long for a radiator. I've replace quite a few that were still good a decade later. Anything special that caused the leaks?

4 yrs isn't very long for a radiator. I've replace quite a few that were still good a decade later. Anything special that caused the leaks?

I agree that the radiator didn't last very long. I suspect it was just the cheap Spectre brand that I got off RockAuto. Hopefully the Denso lasts a bit longer. They sell MOPAR radiators, but that's about $175 more - maybe next time around I'll give that a try.

If I remember correctly the last several radiators I bought were from 1-800-radiator. You can pay extra and get a lifetime warranty but I never did .... and they say the only difference between the lifetime and the 1 yr is the warranty. It's been over 5 yrs since I've bought a new radiator so I don't know if the quality has changed or not.

Dude whatcha growing in that radiator? Is it legal in your state?

No 4yrs is not long.
I got 12 years out of the origional, so guess what I went with? OEM. Plus OEM has the correct fin per sqr inch.

And mine blew up from a stuck radiator cap. The cap didn't release the pressure so the top of the radiator did. So it's easier and cheaper to buy a new cap every 2years.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back