add a leaf recommendation

Running pro comp 2.5 springs. need about 1 1/2 in the rear maybe 2” if I add in sag. What are you guys using? Where did u get them? cost? I dont care about ride to much I mean come on its a yj jeep.

I am doing a wagoneer spring swap in mine and used springs from a 95 yukon to beef up my saggy springs. They are much longer so you can get full support under your current main leaf and just cut it to fit. Also heard of guys using explorer and s-10 springs mixed in with their yj springs. You pull it wrecking yards usually have the best prices, just take a tape measure and go looking.
a6b603a177289b63-1.jpg

a6b603c0774f69d0-1.jpg

Don't mind some of the extra crap I had added around the shackle hanger. But my main leaf is now fully supported by second leaf, and almost by the third. And the springs are much thicker less prone to bending. I used three jeep springs and three yukon springs, I'm pretty heavy in the rear with 4 people and gear plus swing out with jerry can and 38" spare. You can play around with different combos for best height and ride.

Last edited:
Back