insufficient funds is offline Senior Member

add a leaf recommendation

Running pro comp 2.5 springs. need about 1 1/2 in the rear maybe 2” if I add in sag. What are you guys using? Where did u get them? cost? I dont care about ride to much I mean come on its a yj jeep.
    95 yj 2.5 power house SOA, procomp 2.5 lift springs, 2” BL, 36x13.50 toyo mts. Locked front Spartan locker, Rear LSD rebuilt packs 80% locked, ford 8.8 rear axle w/ discs, 4.10s , efan mod, k&n intake, 4.ot tb, weighted fly wheel, custom built front and rear bumpers, warn winch, 5k HIDS, led tail lights, Currie SYE, Tom Woods CV drive shaft,

AlwayswrenchN is offline Junior Member

Re: add a leaf recommendation

I am doing a wagoneer spring swap in mine and used springs from a 95 yukon to beef up my saggy springs. They are much longer so you can get full support under your current main leaf and just cut it to fit. Also heard of guys using explorer and s-10 springs mixed in with their yj springs. You pull it wrecking yards usually have the best prices, just take a tape measure and go looking.

Don't mind some of the extra crap I had added around the shackle hanger. But my main leaf is now fully supported by second leaf, and almost by the third. And the springs are much thicker less prone to bending. I used three jeep springs and three yukon springs, I'm pretty heavy in the rear with 4 people and gear plus swing out with jerry can and 38" spare. You can play around with different combos for best height and ride.
    Last edited by AlwayswrenchN; 05-20-2012 at 12:34 AM.