E-fan controller from wrecking yard

M G D

Ready to install my wrecking yard e-fan into '93 2.5 yj and have a question for you motor heads out there. I didn't think of it when I pulled the two speed fan from the ford cougar (fits perfect) but can't I use a fan controlller from another doner car, anyone out there done that before? I'd like a controller that'd trigger the fan by water temperature & utilize the two speed feature of the fan understanding I'd want to wire in a positive off switch for water crossings. If any one has information or experiences with using a bone yard controller sure would appreciate your input. I found a couple of after market controllers (thanks steelhead) and a wiring diagram in the forum but sure like to save some hard earned dollars. Thanks, MGD

Little known secret and don't tell anyone. the electronic fan in a 1992 740 wagon is damn near the same as a ford taurus but you can also grab the entire control module and it is a simple three wire hook up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a temp sensor from a camaro or fire bird as well kicks fans on at 197. Just wire one wire from control side of fan relay to it.

Dam! I wish it worked on the Contour/Mystique fans. Luckily I got the wiring conundrum figured out in my head~at last.

Back