05 wrangler in limp mode

moedad71

05 TJ wrangler trans sticks in 2nd gear when hot, engine lite comes on, shifts OK while cold & no engine warning lite,, soon as it warms up...bingo. A-Zone code reader sez Po7oo/Po755, points to trans speed sensor, trans speed switch, trans pressure switch, short or bad connections....read some where that one of the 02 sensors sometimes causes false codes, gal had a Laredo, tried all kinda elect parts replace, even swapped trans, took it to another shop, tech reccommended 02 fix, cured, wonder if I'm in same category? appreciate any help anyone can come up with. moedad71

Check the wiring harness and connector to the pressure solenoid switch on the transmission. Use a magnifying glass if you have to and inspect the pins (Female side) body side for corrosion or moisture. If possible do the same on the male side pins. If there is any moisture or corrosion, there is a repair kit from mopar that will require replacement of the connector and that section of the harness. The solenoid pressure switch connector is also available for replacement if needed to be replaced for the P0755.. I've never heard of an O2 sensor causing this DTC but i could be wrong.

Check the wiring harness and connector to the pressure solenoid switch on the transmission. Use a magnifying glass if you have to and inspect the pins (Female side) body side for corrosion or moisture. If possible do the same on the male side pins. If there is any moisture or corrosion, there is a repair kit from mopar that will require replacement of the connector and that section of the harness. The solenoid pressure switch connector is also available for replacement if needed to be replaced for the P0755.. I've never heard of an O2 sensor causing this DTC but i could be wrong.

Thanks SteelHeadz...do you mean inside or outside trans connectors..I know...dumb question moedad71

Back