can someone HELP and post pictures....PLEASE!!!

firzout

I want to do the TFI upgrade on my 1982 CJ8 Scrambler(Laredo) with a tach. I am going with the MSD ignition and coil setup. But I'm completely confused on want exactly needs to be done to complete this upgrade correctly and effectively. So does anyone have actual pictures of this upgrade?? My CJ8 has a tach, so please advise if I need to buy any MSD part for my tach to work. I will list what I currently have. PLEASE let me know what else I need and PLEASE post pictures on how to do it.

LIST of what I have so far:

NAPA: CAP, ROTOR
AUTOLITE 86171 WIRES
MSD 6A ignition (6200)
MSD coil (8227)
MSD adaptor (8869)
Mr Gasket springs 925D

I see that the stock module has TWO plugs, what do I do with the second plug when I remove the module??

I feel like an idiot, because this seems like an easy upgrade, but I can't find anything that has the complete upgrade done.

Dont feel like an idiot, we have all done something for the first time. Your tach wire will go to the post on your coil that your dist wire go,s to. You dont need to buy anything seperate for it. I dont know anything about the TFI swap, I thought you were talking about HEI on one of your other post (so whos the idiot, lol) I do know you will NOT want to use the weights that came with your Mr. gasket recurve kit, just use the springs, throw the weights in the garbage. You can use different color spring combo,s. mine runs best with one black and one gold spring. good luck
when it comes time to do your recurve dont hessitate to post questions. Google "timing 101" by lars grimsrud. He was a GM engineer for 30 yrs and desinged distributors, its a awsome read about timing. It explans why you will want to run full manifold vac instead of ported.

Back