Face change

Ghostchaser59

I'm thinking of changing the grill on my 95 YJ (before the YJ folks kill me). I have been told that I can use the grill from a CJ7. That it fits right in without having to change the hood. Has anyone done this or knows if it can really be done. He also said I could use the TJ's grill but I would also have to change the hood.

Attachments

• DSCF1052.JPG
    DSCF1052.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 28

I saw a guy on the Scrambler site that had a YJ front clip on his Scrambler. It can be done, not sure if you have to swap hood & fenders also when you do though.

Thank you I will do some more research before I pick-up a grill. It seems that when the YJ came out. Down in Miami YJ grills were being stolen and put on CJ7. I getting this info from a biker (Military Vets) who also luvs Jeeps. I don't mind the square lights. It just seems there are more options for round lights.

You'll need the fenders and hood for any grill change. The radiator support at the frame is a little different, I think the CJ grill is taller than the YJ grill.

You can modify the radiator support at the frame or install a 1" body lift and use a stock height body mount under the CJ grill.

I agree with bounty, I think you will at least need the hood, the yj hood is more squared than the cj because of the headlights. the cj hood is more rounded around the headlights, it may phisically fit, and your yj hood may close but I think there will be a big gap where the headlights are.

Thank you both for the input. If I have to change that much I will look into the TJ. There have been a few ads on Craigslist on TJ's being parted out. Will take measurements from a TJ. To see if the grill, fenders, and hood will fit the YJ frame.

People do put the whole cj front end on the yjs though, hood, grill, fenders, and Ive seen yj front ends on cjs too. I personally would like a yj with a cj front end.

I will check on the CJ grill my friend insists it will go on the YJ. I just wonder if the grills from the early YJ different from the 95. Well its a project not yet funded so have to wait on tax refund.

Nope, have to change a few things. I have an 87 and it required a few things be changed. I kept mine square since square headlight wranglers are becoming a rarity

Back