What a blow!

indiemo

Took the Jeep in to the dealership to get the cat replaced. Since it was broken up inside and I only have 73K on my Jeep, Chrysler was SUPPOSED to cover it under warranty for free up until 80K miles. But, since I had a header on it (only because the P.O.S. manifold Chrysler put on it cracked) and the O2 sensor was relocated, the warranty was voided on the cat and they refused to replace it for free. This sucks. Now I'm going to have to pay for a cat and install the dang thing myself. Guess it's time to go buy that Sawzall I always wanted![addsig]

JC Whitney has the Catco brand catalytic converter for $60, same type and brand as Rusty's sells as a hi-flow. Or buy it from Rusty for $99.[addsig]

Wow, that must feel like a kick in the cojones. But the good part is buying the sawzall. Everything works out fine if you can buy some new tools.

TARSI[addsig]

A couple of weeks back, I put in a random tech cat and I did not have to lower the skid plate. But I also have a YJ and not a TJ. You will love a sawzall. getting a milwalkee I hope!

alway remember:
When in trouble,
When in doubt,
use a sawzall,
and cut it out!

Johnny

edited by: jps4jeep, Apr 10, 2003 - 07:04 AM[addsig]

Dewalt is a solid brand. At my job we have 3 DeWalt sawzalls and they have never let us down. The new ones are cool because they have the new way of putting in the blade. Its just a little spring loaded clip instead of an allen screw. Makes changing blades a whole lot easier.

TARSI[addsig]

Back