Not sure

Geezus

Pushing my jeep by hand, it would catch and stop. Thought it was a brake problem. But now it's on stands, let one side down to hold the wheel, but I can only spin the wheel when the transfer case is in neutral. I put it in 2h or any other and transmission in neutral (clutch in or out) and the wheel won't turn. I'm lost.....

"all these pieces make a jeep, I swear"

You put one wheel down and tried to turn the other wheel on the same axel and it wont turn is what your saying?

One turns one way the other the other way

That's sounds right to me. I think my axel does the same. In your first post you say if you push it by hand it will catch and stop. Are you sure you have it in neutral when this happens?

Yes. I pushed it around the back of the house and it caught twice. Had to roll it backwards and then back forwards.

Your tires turning in oppisite directions is normal. If you had a locker they would turn in the same direction. It sounds like you have a factory limited slip, or some kind of aftermarket traction possi unit in your axles. The catching you discribe is probably the rear brake drums rubbing, or maybe a warped front rotor.

Back