Hose

hodgie40

I'm not mechanically inclined but have a question about a single hose that is running from the firewall but not hooked to anything... Thanks

Attachments

• image-631650063.jpg
    image-631650063.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 175
  • image-180186531.jpg
    image-180186531.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 224
  • image-3400919190.jpg
    image-3400919190.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 198

Cowl drain. Doesn't look to be the original hose as it should be flat on the open end so water comes out, but nothing goes back in.

So it's nothing to worry about? I believe this could be where water is also trickling into my passenger floorboard around the fire wall entrance.

it is your drain hose for your evaporator it is nessasary to drain water away from it if your passenger floor is getting wet the trac the water runs down is clogged and water isnt getting to hose to drain outside

Ok guys I took off part of the good as seen in pics to look at cowl. Here is what I have no cover or holes for screws. Does it need a cover?

Attachments

• image-3999587366.jpg
    image-3999587366.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 458
The square opening on the passenger side is the fresh air intake to the HVAC. You could calk around the outside dig it is missing, cracked etc. The oblong hole in the middle is the drain that gets clogged. There is no screen or trap to stop debris from entering. You just keep an eye on it or clean it occasionally.

Re looking at the initial pics on a larger screen leads me to determine that is your AC drain. Mine does not have a hose, more like an open ended nub. When your defrost or AC pulls humidity out of the air that liquid drains out there. And if blocked, you will get a mildew smell inside and a wet floor on the passenger side when the defrost or AC is running.

Last edited:
their is a channel up under dash should be under your evaporater it gets clogged with dust-dirt-and the occational dead mouse

Back