seized starter

Cheers ! I told you that you would make us proud ! Ok , so we are not concerned with a neutral safety switch at the moment , one less item to worry for. If you feel the jeep is starting normal , we will still make certain that your wiring is restored to retain reliability . I do not know exactly what you had to do to wire the jeep to run , but I'm sure you would like to have a reliable wiring harness that won't let you down. I can't wait , as I've said to get that manual , it will be a great help to you . For your own peace of mind , please make a note of how the existing harness is routed for future reference as it is working and should you need to disassemble any connections , you will be able to correctly route and connect to work again . I just want to say , I am proud at your determination and you did better than you expected from yourself. You should be very proud of yourself , YOUR THE MAN !!!!! Really happy for ya and you got so much knowledge of your jeep now that in time , your troubleshooting will be much easier. Man am I happy for ya !
You really earned your bragging rights today ! I know everyone at Jeepz.com will be proud and happy for you ! If you thought you were a rookie before , your not anymore ! Never stop them posts as we want to hear all we can about your progress and any questions you may have.
You earned your place through hard work and dedication . I wonder if we got awards for that ?
I we don't, we probably should . No matter what , I think you earned recognition .
Well , for now , lets get your jeep on the road , but first , celebrate ! Hope your having a cool one as you deserve it ! Alright buddy , keep in touch , will be watching the snail mail for the manual.
Give you a PM when I do . All posts and questions welcome always ! Greg92jeepxj

Was studying the diagram you posted , can't say what vehicle it was intended for , but its contributor , mustangsteve , leads me to believe its for a ford mustang ? AMC did as you may know model some of their cars , trucks , etc. using ford parts or design . Chrysler and GM were used , but for later year CJ's , ford parts and design were common. I once owned a '78 jeep cherokee with a 360 , same engine as a 304 , just smaller displacement, that's all. Haven't had that truck since the early '90's , so I had to reacquaint myself quickly to help .
Anyway , this diagram shows a brown wire which apparently goes to the ignition switch . I really do not know what the contributor is illustrating , modification I think , but that is why we need the manual to precisely wire your jeep . We'll get you there . Good job brother ! Greg92jeepxj

yeah i think the diagram says its from a mustang also i did use your battery circuitry for those others trying to hardwire their own ignition system. these two illustrations seem to work good together

Attachments

• image-4078387171.jpg
    image-4078387171.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 97
  • durasparkfinal.jpg
    durasparkfinal.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 75
Again , I must say how very happy happy I am that you can walk out to your jeep , turn the key and it starts ! I do have questions , but I should let you complete the wiring repairs .
However , was wondering , can the column ignition be used ? Is it serviceable ? Was wondering why a dash mounted ignition was used . Just asking because the column mounted ignition switch would actually make more of the jeeps electrical available to work , I do not know if any of the jeeps accessories or necessities such as wipers or defrosters are working . But we will get into that . We need the book , then we can really fix it right.

Last edited:
Back