TJ bad vibrations

My pinion angle is bad, I wish SkyJacker would have put adjustable uppers in the lift but I guess that's what it's called a "budget lift" :-(

My pinion angle is bad, I wish SkyJacker would have put adjustable uppers in the lift but I guess that's what it's called a "budget lift" :-(
Most budget kits figure you'll use a transfer case lowering kit. You'll need the adj. UCA's for a SYE setup. You might need to address the rear trackbar when you rotate the pinion upward, usually need a new bracket on the axle end.

My SYE should be here Friday. I have pinion adjustment bolts to put on the axle end of the LCA but I'm gathering that won't be enough

My SYE should be here Friday. I have pinion adjustment bolts to put on the axle end of the LCA but I'm gathering that won't be enough

Slotting the control arm mounts for adjustable bolts isn't something I would do...with all the quality parts you're using in other areas of the Jeep why not get a set of adjustable control arms? When I swapped t-case's I picked up a set of Rubicon express adjustable upper control arms from summit racing for $239(?) If I recall correctly.

I'm looking into adjustable UCAs but I don't want to put "too much" money into the axles/suspension on account of I'm wanting to do an axle swap & 4-link the rear & long arm the front. When I crack the cover open to do the pinion bearings & find that I need gears, I won't be so upset about putting 4.56/4.88 in there because they're the same price
It's looking like I'm gonna have the rear end apart on my only vehicle & I can't afford to pay a shop to do it...

I would. Be sure if you are just doing uppers that the adjustment go below stock length as some try to te center the tire in the wheel well.

Metalcloak or currie top brands.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/concerning-adjustable-upper-control-arms-pinion-angle-996430/

Maybe because I'm typing this at 5 am, but he should lengthen the uppers to rotate the pinion up so it points at the t-case output (if he's running a CV rear drive shaft). When I installed my uca's I removed the stock uca's, put a small jack under the diff and used it to rotate the pinion up, then I used a long bladed square to check my angle. With that set I measured the distance from mounting hole to mounting hole and set the arms accordingly. Hope this helps.

Assuming you don't have a front locker, run it in 4wd hi with the rear driveshaft out. That should let you know for sure if it's the pinion angle, Ujoint, or unbalanced rear driveshaft.

Maybe because I'm typing this at 5 am, but he should lengthen the uppers to rotate the pinion up so it points at the t-case output (if he's running a CV rear drive shaft). When I installed my uca's I removed the stock uca's, put a small jack under the diff and used it to rotate the pinion up, then I used a long bladed square to check my angle. With that set I measured the distance from mounting hole to mounting hole and set the arms accordingly. Hope this helps.

You are correct. I didn't mean to make it confusing. I was making the point to be sure not to buy uppers with the 3-4extra inches to center the tire in the wheel well. Because there is not enough adjustment in them to get the correct angle without installing similar extended lowers.

Last edited:
Don't grab long arm uppers, just short arm adjustable, right? Or are there longer adjustable short arms for rigs with the axle pushed back?

Back