Death wobble

Dveity21

I have a 98 TJ and was experiencing death wobble. I installed a teraflex longarm kit and replaced both trac bars and it went away. but when i went and got an alignment done the death wobble came back. my tires are balance all new control arms......any suggestions?????

I have a 98 TJ and was experiencing death wobble. I installed a teraflex longarm kit and replaced both trac bars and it went away. but when i went and got an alignment done the death wobble came back. my tires are balance all new control arms......any suggestions?????

I wonder how the techs that did the alignment set the castor(?), if they set to stock spec that could be some of the issue. I'd look for an alignment shop where the techs drive lifted Jeeps/trucks.

Check your u-joints and axel joints. Do a dry steering test to locate loose parts. I had a really bad TRE and the alignment shop never noticed it,

Check your pitman arm and all the steering linkage components. I had the same problem when i hit a bump and it was the center link. Make sure you check the linkages with the vehicle on the ground AND with the vehicle tires off the ground. Also check the steering shaft linkage from the column to the steering box.

Good luck and be careful... that wobble at highway speeds is NOT fun!!!

I wonder how the techs that did the alignment set the castor(?), if they set to stock spec that could be some of the issue. I'd look for an alignment shop where the techs drive lifted Jeeps/trucks.
I agree with Eric. If everything was fine before, there's a good chance they didn't do something right. Take it to someone who knows how to care for a vehicle with modifications.

Back