A true 'jeeper'

Shane

I hope i spelt jeeper right :p Anyway-i know this kinda belongs in the general forum, but i dont care about those wussy cherokee driving wusses ;-) So what kind of music does my wrangler brotherhood listen to as they plummet down the highway towards thier nearest mudpit with the hardtop on and the windows up? How about when you're all haullin through those country roads in the back of town with no top and no doors (do we dare to put our windshields down?!) Well i'm more of a radioheaed/nin kinda guy, that stuff does me well with the hardtop in winter, maybe some triphop.... but in the summer with the top off i'm feelin more lynard skynard, led zepllin, some DIO! cant get it all in there, but yall get the drift.. (Rage Against teh machine is fun to go muddin to!)[addsig]

With the top down I listen to godsmack, REO Speedwagon and some older songs like Summer of '69, its still rock and rolll to me, and the such. With the top up I listen to same stuff. And those "wussy Cherokee drivers" are jeepers too.

TARSI[addsig]

I know, but not in the same way-they are driving down the highway with that thing that those cars have, oh heh pickup ;-) leather seats, a/c, electronic seats and locks, all that stuff that i dont have and am envious of :lol: [addsig]

Black Sabbath (only when Ozzy was with them), Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Rage, Cypress Hill, Nirvana and others but these are my utmost favorites. These are for hard top on, soft top on, soft top down, country roads, highway, going around the block and parked in front of my house!!!

P.S. Check my signature because I am one of those "WUSSY" Cherokee owners also! :roll:

edited by: Jeep#3, Apr 25, 2003 - 01:45 PM[addsig]

Shane there are times when the long wheel base brothers and sisters are going to show us short wheel base drivers up. Mudderchuck a mudd slinger from way back will be the first to tell you while you are trying to control you Wrangeler with all that side to side motion Them longer Jeeps will be going straight ahead. Jeeps are Jeeps and none are lesser only different.

As for the tunes well Memphis Slim, Muddy Waters, Bonnie Raitt, John Lee Hocker, and several other Old School Blues Artist seem to hold My attention right now. Queen Ida, Sleepy LaBeef, and a few other Zydaco artist are good. That changes all the time I like all Music but most of all the music that you can't find on either the country or rock top 40 stations. Tug[addsig]

Guess my cherokee humor a bit to thick for most =P I really like cherokees, i might have bought one if they were a bit cheaper... but drivin down the road in a wangler is a bit different than in a cherokee; and that does kinda change how the music sounds. I mean in a BMW music sounds alot different than in a Wrangler (regardless of sound system, its more how it feels i guess) well anyway, ON WITH MORE OPINIONS!! :-D [addsig]

Shane,

When I have the top off I tend to get a little "red" on the neck. LOL. Hank Jr. Allen Jackson and the like are usually pounding. That is only if the Puddle of Mud and Limp Bizkit is not in the CD player. Also you just cant go wrong with Kid Rock. As far as the Cherokee "wusses" go, I went all the way and bought an 04 Grand Cherokee Limited. Listening to Frank Sinatra coming out of the system while crusing down the highway on leather is nice. Oh and by the way, the towing capacity of the V-8 is going to be nice when pulling the YJ home from the trail.

Todd
[addsig]

wow, I guess no one could see the sarcasm!

I listen to anything from fang to Daryl Worley. It's nice to have a thumpin system and pull up to the ricers and play some Burt Bacharat <sp> real loud.

200 watt stereo system $came with the Jeep
Burt Bacharat CD $10
Having a POS ricer roll up his window because my music annoys him; PRICELESS![addsig]

its all about a good bouncing souls album with the top down. The Boss is always good to have. but half the time my top is makin soo much noise i can't hear the music anyways if the top is down..the wind is a problem. Sooo..i'm too lazy to put a "system" in there so its just the replacment CD player and speakers..amp and stuff is not for me[addsig]

go ahead and drop the windshield... it feels good, and people look at you like you are nuts... and it helps keep the hinges healthy if you oil them when you do it.. plus its a good time to get all that crud out that you dropped in through the years. I do it every year... its really different... and the highway run is quite a challenge... the bugs don't really feel good... but its part of jeepin.

Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers for this man[addsig]

One good thing about a Cherokee, with the six speakers, you can hear the music real good, without the wind whistling in one ear and out the other. :p My old bones appreciate the leather seats. But I do miss my YJ.[addsig]

Like most, my music ranges. Usually I am bumpin' some seriouse Techno (AK1200, Dune), but then I have also been known to blast anything from some real old-school Hank Williams Sr. to Linkin Park, and on rare occasions even alittle Rap. I just love the look as the littleimports look around to see who is bumpin louder than the system mommy and daddy bought for them when they realize its a Jeep with the top down no less. :evil: [addsig]

If anyone knows anthing about car audio, i used to have two Solo Baric S12L7's (the high quality square 12'' subs) and a Rockford Fosgate 1000.1BD (1000watt digital amp) sittin in the back of the Jeep. It was probably the loudest system for miles around... it was great <sigh> I had to get rid of it though, about $1400 in your Jeeps bed is just a little too much for me, sold it before it could get stolen, heh... lets see em try and steal that lift i got![addsig]

it could be done dude lol. dont go cursing yourself. oh and im a 'wussy cherokee wussy' too. todd id roll up my window if i heard anyone bumpin that crap too. every time i hear the name burt bacharat i remember the SNL episode. THAT was price less lol :lol: [addsig]

Back