Wheel joint fixed... BOOM there goes the next problem

Snitty

Well.. after driving around all weekend putting up with the annoying clicking of my wheel joint, I decided to change it... I have known I had bad joints for about a year... my driver side clicks while in 4wd, passenger side just started clicking a few weeks ago. The driver side still needs done, but i'll wait on that. This was the first wheel joint i've replaced. I was expecting A LOT worse than it really was... it was no walk in the park, but it was no ride through hell. though... it DID take time... I took my first lug off at 4:00, and finished at about 9:00... it was a great feeling, i've been worried about how hard it would be for the past year. and now i realize its a lot easier than i thought.

THEN!!!!... while sitting at the curb next to the monster, at the endafter running it for a few minutes to engage and disengage 4wd, and to get the brake booster working to see if the all went back together right.... i notice this flowing stream of green fluid coming my way... i followed it up to a puddle right below my oil pan... the i followed that stream up the pan, up a hose, and right to a hole in my water pump... YESSSS!!!!!! NOW I GET A NEW WATER PUMP... nope.. not happy at all... its only $35, but it won't be fun to get to... I am thinking of converting to an electric fan while i have it off.[addsig]

Tough Break Frien Snitty! You just gotta love this stuff. Electric fan would be nice getting to loose the plastic and crap form in front of the Engin compartment. Still not any fun! good luck in the repairs Tug[addsig]

i'll have to scrounge up some dough.. i've got a big job coming up... i'll see if i can get an advance on pay... my radiator looks quite corroded, i think a better one would not be a bad idea... the water pump is needed, so i'll get that.. and my friend has an electric fan that he never put in his firebird, i'm going to see if i can snag that... i will make it fit, that will be fun... and now that i know what it takes to do the wheel joint, i'll do the other while i'm in the working mood... i'll keep you up on it[addsig]

Back