seat stuck

mark sr

We went to the store today and when I went to fold up the rear seat to accommodate the stuff my wife got, while the back part of the seat will fold down, the bottom will not release from the floor. I tried prying under the seat but it looks like all that will do is bend the floor pan. I assume there is a cable that broke or came loose but I can't seem to find any pics or diagrams of it. Has anyone made this repair of know of diagrams showing how it's put together?

JeepSeatDiagram-1.jpg

JeepSeatDiagram1-1.jpg

Check these. Two per seat
81246F9FE3F044FD85EC9A9A1B9191C1_zpsqpwf-1.jpg
[/URL]

The white bushing is not oem it came from a hardware store and has to be thinned on both sides

Last edited:

Is there a trick to getting the seat to release so you can fold it up to access it for repair?

Is there a trick to getting the seat to release so you can fold it up to access it for repair?
What year is your jeep?

Due to those bushing failing on mine I was shoving the seat really hard to move it. If you rock the seat and see play at that bushing it is worn. The hard part is there is another at the console that is hard to see and access. Hard but possible. If you swap the bushing the seat will be aligned and move easier. You may try a little lithium grease on the inside where the bushing rides and other moving parts.

Ps if you ever find where or if they sell that bushing let me know. As said I used one from a hardware shop that needed to be thinned to lign up properly.

Can't believe I didn't state the year to start with :redface:
It's a 2010 JK 2 door.

I can move the back portion of the seat up and down but the bottom seat is snugly secured to the floor. I assume I need to lift it up before I can see what is wrong and how to fix it. I'm guessing that a cable has either come loose or broke but I suppose it could be something else.

Can't believe I didn't state the year to start with :redface: It's a 2010 JK 2 door. I can move the back portion of the seat up and down but the bottom seat is snugly secured to the floor. I assume I need to lift it up before I can see what is wrong and how to fix it. I'm guessing that a cable has either come loose or broke but I suppose it could be something else.

Ok sorry my images are all of a TJ. It may not apply.

Back