Need help with 1994 Jeep Laredo problem

Most of the time, it runs great. However, I do have problems with starting, both hot and cold. Also, it stalls at ide - 70 MPH.

I put a new battery and did a tune-up with a diagnostic. There were not problems detected, that I am aware of.

Could it be a crank sensor?

Any help I can get is much appreciated.

Byron[addsig]

Also, I forgot to mention, sometimes when I am driving at high speed and it "stalls", I pump the accelerator pedal a couple of times and it starts going again.

I am not sure if that helps.

Byron[addsig]

check your fuel filter and it may be your pump....when my jeep had a hard time starting after a week or two my fuel pump when out...but other than that i have really no idea :-D [addsig]

The fuel filter was checked, yesterday, and cited as being in good repair by the mechanic who performed the tune-up.

I checked the fuel pump, in accordance with the manual, both with the ignition in the "on" position and with the car started. Everything seemed to be in order.

I was just hoping someone would think it was the crank sensor, as it seems like a relatively cheap and easy fix, whereas the fuel pump looks to be costly.

Thanks.

Byron[addsig]

Back