Parts Help

Tommydepot

Hello Jeepz Nation ,new recruit here. Can anyone help me with a parts name , can't find it anywhere, going to try and post picture , friend has a 2005 JEEP Wrangler tj , and looked to disconnect , what looks like a radiator guard( under the hood , between radiator and front grill ) Can anyone varify that , and if it's necessary to have , I make custom grills and looking to Install one , but this guard is in way. .. I font have to remove it to do what I have to do , but if just a grill guard, then def won't need it . Thank you Tommy D!

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Here's a shot of my 2005 TJ - is the part you're referring to in the photo?

5717d1282437927-install-cold-air-intake-jeep-wrangler-tj-02-jeep-wrangler-stock-air-intake.jpg

Be sure the fin density is the same or higher using an after market radiator. Especially if you ride in hot locations or high altitudes. Some tried double and triple core radiator but experienced overheating when crawling or standing.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for replying Terry , yeah it's that grill in front of the radiator , that's with the 2 bolts on top . Is that just a grill guard and if so, besides blocking debris from hitting the radiator is it necessary ( non off-roading ) , i made grills out of radiator cover metal for myself (2011 unlimited ) And for couple of friends that sit right behind the front grill , that also works as a guard ,but do have to remove the stock one to install mine , just don't want to have them both on friends Tj if it is not neccessay . The pic is how it sits on mine , but I can remove my whole front panel.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying Terry , yeah it's that grill in front of the radiator , that's with the 2 bolts on top . Is that just a grill guard and if so, besides blocking debris from hitting the radiator is it necessary ( non off-roading )

My Jeep came with that Chrome cover. The chrome cover doesn't do anything other than cover the factory grill, and doesn't have any sort of radiator protection or screen. Not sure if that helps you or not.

My bad! Thought you made radiators not grill or radiator guards.
FYI blocking air flow can result in lower mph and overheating.

That guard on top helps force the air through the radiator. So it is needed.

When driving above 35 mph the air forced through the radiator is enough to cool the engine. With enough air flow, the clutch fan does not kick in and load the engine. With blackouts the engine will load most of he time and mph will tank.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Back