Heater Fan Motor

Tj jeeps have always had an issue with fan switches melting. Find the common + On the switch and check it for power (a circuit tester will be needed for this, and can be purchased from Wal-Mart near automotive).

If it has power then you will need to check each of the other wires at both the switch and resistor to be sure that they are getting power to the resistor.

If it doesn't have power then you will need to check the other end by the fuse panel. If it is good here then you just need to replace the one wire.

If you don't have power at the fuse panel then just run a wire through the firewall and add an inline fuse before getting to the switch. To keep from accidentally leaving it on hook up a pair of relays (parallel) so they cut power when the key is off.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Jeepz.com mobile app

Hopefully someone can help me out! So I upgraded my heater blower with a '73 GMC Jimmy blower. My wife and went riding a couple of hours Saturday and I burned up the fan resistor. I have been looking for a replacement with no luck. I ordered two different ones from OReilly's today and they will be in tomorrow. Both have 4 connectors and the one in it has 3. Has anyone replaced a resistor and can tell me what they used that worked?

I ordered mine thru omix works fine. The wiring is a little finicky but should just be stock configuration. No problems on mine

Sent from my SGP561 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back