Flares pros/ cons

they keep your jeep clean. I took them off once and after the first rain, back on they went. it sucks having road grime and dirt all over your jeep and all you did was drive to work.

Over all they are good for most suv type vehicles. Just make sure that you do the research on the specific flares that your going to use. Also I would recommend speaking with a rhino or line-x professional about options to help reduce the amount of possible "rub rust".

Pros =
Help to reduce mud/etc from being thrown on to car
Help to reduce amount of debris thrown out towards other cars
Looks

Cons =
If body not coated with line-x or something similar then will cause rust to form faster
If not installed correctly then can cause damage to tires, body, or even come off and damage another car

Sent from my SM-J320V using Jeepz.com mobile app

If you already have the new fenders then I would:
1 remove the old
2 check for rust and repair
3 add "rock gaurd" stickers
where new fenders will be
4 install new fenders
5 paint backside (inside) of
wheel wells

This should help to reduce and prevent any future rust problems.

I would also check into some mud flaps for both front and rear.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Jeepz.com mobile app

Is there any pros or cons to fender flares? I have a 2012 2 door. Thinking of adding them for more wheel clearance. Need opinions please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Jeepz.com mobile app

Flares may or may not add clearance. If you can get on an articulation ramp, take a look to see how the tires move within the wheel well...you may hit body long before you hit a flare.

Flares are great for keeping grime kicked up by tires off the Jeep, and may be required by your state vehicle code if you have wide tires. Flares, if really wide, can significantly reduce side clearance when you are traversing tight spaces.

that's true. they might be required. forgot about that

Didn't read through it all but check your state regulations. In some states tires cannot extend 1in beyond the flares.

At one time bushwacker flairs would crack. They may have fixed it.

Flares do not add clearance.
Highline fenders do. Tub cutouts do add clearance.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
Back