Hardtop wiring

kittyhawk32

I have a 2001 tj wrangler. I have put a hardtop on and now I need to help with getting some power to the wiper, defroster and the washer part. Does anyone have any suggestions on howor what I need to make this work. I appreciate any help!

The harness should be in the jeep already. There should be a plug somewhete under the carpet where the hardtop plug hangs

I have a 2001 tj wrangler. I have put a hardtop on and now I need to help with getting some power to the wiper, defroster and the washer part. Does anyone have any suggestions on howor what I need to make this work. I appreciate any help!

When I got a hard top for my jk it didn't have the wiring harness in it bc it only came with the soft top so I had to buy the wiring harness and multifunction switch seperate. Then on top of that I had to bring it to a shop that does wiring bc they had to solder and splice into the fuse box. That was another $600. I shouldn't have even bother bc my tire and the wiper motor take up almost the entire back window. So I have like an inch on the top of the window and obscure vision through the side of the back window bc the wiper doesn't hit those parts hahaha. Waste of money but hey hind sight is 20-20 lol. I had to get a hard top though bc winters are too cold for a soft top and the salt gets into the zippers and jams them up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

But the tj should be very similar to the yj, not the jk. It should have a plug under the lip of the tub, back by where the rear roll bars bolt to the tub. I would imagine, since its so much like the yj.

I have a yj too but no wiring there that I have ever noticed. Maybe I just never looked hard enough haha. I only have a soft top and it's broke down in my yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I looked today. I don't have any wiring in the back under the carpet. The wire I have goes to the taillights. The hard top has wiring hanging out of it for a hook up.

ok. well there should be a plug that you can separate and add in the adapter for the top. it might be under the jeep though, inline for the tail lights, like behind the gas filler area.

Look in the left rear corner, at least that is where it is at on my 2002. The termination of the harness has a cover over it. It's quick tied up under the top edge of the tub in that left rear corner.
If your Jeep has switches for those features, I'm pretty sure the wires will be there. If no switches, perhaps its not there.

Back