YJ 4.5" Rough Country Lift Kit Install

Mine are installed as shown in this picture. All references I used online showed them installed both ways. Does it really matter? Should I flip them to be pointed in like the rears? like rear >Jeep< front instead of rear >Jeep>

Attachments

• 20130626012751_7823.jpg
    20130626012751_7823.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 27
I always read they go the other way so if your spring gets inverted then the bolt will keep it from going up to far and impossible to get back to normal with a crowbar

When I had them installed the other way, it looked as though it was going to hit something on the frame. Maybe the steering-box or something to that affect. I have to look and see why I was thinking that. I need to find a house with a garage in the country. I hate this city townhouse packed on top of each other living. I cant even do a brake job in my driveway/parking lot

Richardsavage, your fronts are on backwards.. ran mine on a older cj for along time before I learned. wont hurt anything, just wont prevent inversion.

I figured they were 69jeepcj, I'll get somepics up here as soon as I get back in the garage to show why I put them the way I did and we can go from there. You guys have been an invaluable resource for bouncing ideas off from as well as info! Thanks again as always

I had the same type on my yj and they cleared. Maybe after you drive around and get the springs to settle a bit

Alright well here she is! Went from 17.5" on the bottom of the front bumper to 26"!!! Ended up having to weld the nutserts and they still wouldn't crimp, I tried everything!!!! Next up is the Bush Whacker cut out fender flares, possibly will be cutting the fenders haven't decided yet, then installing led's on the interior so I can actually see things at night, green ambient and the blue and white on switches. Will be putting the fiberglass windshield on, prepping the green full doors I have for paint, then I'll be camouflaging the whole thing in my own style then have it professionally clear coated. Thanks for all the help and advice guys!!!!! I will create a build thread at some point

Attachments

• Lifted up.jpg
    Lifted up.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 25
  • lifted up 1.jpg
    lifted up 1.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Lifted up 2.jpg
    Lifted up 2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 25
Back