Transmission slam

mmello13

Every now and then when going into 2nd gear my girlfriends transmission slams. Like it feels like it's about to fall onto the road and it makes the while jeep jump. It's a 2007 jku sport manual. She bought it from a certified pre-owned in NH that we will never be going back to bc that thing had all sorts of problems that I fixed on my dime bc they never answered their phone after she got it. But that's besides the point. Any ideas as to what might be going on with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If its a manual transmission and its slamming into gear, I would look towards the clutch, slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder.

If it is a manual trans, sounds like the clutch is going out or the slave or master cylinder are going.. once its in 2nd can you take off?

any leakage from the slave cylinder? or the master cylinder?

I don't know enough about your model jeep to be of much help, I know cj,s better.. but it sounds to me like you have lost full travel of your clutch, either air in the system, slave or master going bad. I don't know if you have a internal throwout bearing (inside the bellhousing) or external (mounting outside the bell) If mounted outside the bell there may be a adjustable rod on the slave, you can try adjusting it out a little and see if that helps.. Really does sound like air in the system or bad slave or mater. As long as the trans seems to be fine, this sounds like a clutch engagement issue. IE: internal throwout, slave, master. Some of the masters have adjustable rods under the dash at the pedel too.

The clutch pedal is insanely stiff too. Almost like a big rig clutch. Ok not that bad lol but compared to mine it's super stiff. Does that play into it to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back