Weber EGR and vacuum diagram?

DangerManV

Hey guys, I am trying to sort out the vacuum lines in my 88 YJ. The original owner stuck a Weber in there and just capped everything off, but it idles messy.

Notes:

I have a five port CTO. Right now, it is all capped/looped.

The EGR canister is hooked into the EGR port on the Weber carb, which seems wrong, to me.

Advance port on the carb is going to the advance canister on the distro.

The evap canister has everything capped except the carb vent and fuel tank vent.

Where should the EGR canister go? I think it should go to the CTO and the EGR port on the Weber should be capped. Even if I do that, what about the rest of the ports on the CTO valve? I don't think it makes sense to just hook up the EGR to the CTO and keep everything else capped off.

Diagrams would help!!

I tried a Weber on my 86 CJ7 (2.5 L professional install) with no luck. Went to a junkyard Rochester Mono-jet off a 1976 250ci Chevy pickup. Put a $20 kit in it. Runs great and gets 16-18mpg. Required an easy linkage fabrication. Otherwise it was bolt-on.

I had a weber on my 87 i6. Came on it when i got it. Nothing but trouble. I took the cto off and redid the vacuum lines like something from the old days. Never had a problem after that. I changed to a holley 2 barrle and then a holley four barrel though.

Do a search on here for vacuum line routing and look for some pics i put up, i posted the diagrams

I haven't even been able to remember to look. send me a message so I remember when I get home from work.

also, which weber do you have? a 34/34, 32/6, or a 38? is it synchronous or one side open first?

Back