07 wrangler stops working

mmello13

Any idea? My gf has an 07 wrangler x and twice her jeep won't attempt to turn over jumps don't work all gauges are fine but sometimes they don't move head lights work alarm worked but wouldn't let me shut it off and the doors wouldn't unlock with the key fob. We had to reset her computer. Any fixes to this problem? We want to get rid of it and get her a newer one. But money. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

First check the battery. Get it load tested and be sure it has clean terminals. If it is serviceable have them check it and adjust when load testing.
Next clean the connectors and the opposite ends of the wires that connect to the battery. It should be at least one power and two grounds.
When you reconnect a battery be sure the connectors are shining and tight fitting.
If you turn the key, do you always, sometimes or never get the dash lights to light? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? It sounds like a little motor running and lasts a few seconds.
When you turn the key to start does the starter try to turn the engine or nothing? When doing this does the lights dim or the battery voltage dip heavily below 12V? Does the trip odometer reset?

After the battery and connections common failures that keep you from starting are bad starter, bad ignition switch and a bad crank position sensor.
Occasionally the neutral safety switch may be misaligned or bad.

Is the security alarm factory or after market?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Battery is clean and the jeep started right up after resetting the computer. The gauges all moved for me when I first got to her jeep. Lights turned on fuel pump primed after resetting the comp too. But before that there was no noise to attempt to start to priming of the fuel pump but the lights did turn on.

Again I'd have the battery load tested. Then get a new crank position sensor. Be sure it is an OEM sensor with the paper gasket the on the tip

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Ok I'll look into it. Where does the crank position sensor go and where is the neutral safety switch?

The crank sensor is on the bell housing it is also caked CKP.
You could also pull the starter and have it checked.
And I assumed you checked all fuses. Being it starts occasionally or once after not it is not a fuse. But checking is free and fuses are cheap.

The neutral safety switch is on the transmission. It senses your jeep is in park or neutral before starting. I think the easiest test is to place a fuse in the socket marked NSS bypass or neutral bypass... It is dangerous to leave it in there. Should you try starting with the trans in gear the jeep will lurch or move.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back