CJ8 or 2004-2006 LJ ???

tcreteau

It's time to get back into​ Jeeping! I like the longer wheel base idea, so I'm torn between the 80's CJ8 Scramblers and the 2004-2006 LJ Rubicon Unlimited. Help me out with the pros and cons so I can feel good about the choice. My previous Jeep was a modified 1946 CJ2A. Thanks.

I like the looks of the scrambler over the LJ but what is it your looking for is the question. The LJ is going to be more modern and ride better than the scrambler. Also what is available it is hard to find a Scrambler that isn't rotted out in my area.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

I like the looks of the scrambler over the LJ but what is it your looking for is the question. The LJ is going to be more modern and ride better than the scrambler. Also what is available it is hard to find a Scrambler that isn't rotted out in my area.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

I agree with you completely, nostalgia and looks of the CJ8 are great, and the modern equipment of the LJ's is great too. But I guess my question is, will the ride and usefulness of the LJ be that noticeable to make the decision for me, or should I still consider the older CJ8? I'm​ sure that I want the longer wheel base style Jeep. I also want one I can do yard work with and take the family on adventures...

No one can answer the question but you. I have a newer Jeep and an old one. They are extremely different and both have their pluses and minuses.

Back