Muffler suggestion

BlackBear524

Hey guys! I'm new to this thing. I have a '16 JKU and decided to make it louder. I bought a glass pack and took it to a muffler shop where the guy told me he can just cut off my stock muffler and get the same result. Well he lied and my jeep sounds like one of those little hondas that's low to the ground and sounds like It's farting down the road. Def killing the vibe! I was debating if I should go all in and get a magnaflow exhaust system or if I should just my stock put back on. I am a 30 yr old female and don't want to look stupid in a noisy little jeep but... I love the sound of a nice deep rumble (nothing obnoxious, but like a Ram). Basically I want my v6 to sound like a v8 which will never happen. Any suggestions? I have looked at YouTube videos but the sound is still somewhat high pitch on the Jk's even with the magnaflow. Lesson learned here: if you're gonna do it, do it right! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 37

Flowmaster will get you very close to sounding like that. The proper length glasspak will also.

Keep it stock!! At least till out of warranty. Then we can play.

Keep away from the 'mechanic' who cut the perfectly good part off -

I was extremely happy with the Borla cat-back I put on my JK. Nice rumble and occasional pop.

Don't worry about the warranty. I don't think the muffler will have any effect on that. I put mine on with only a few hundred miles on it.

Back