Air conditioning

Melw

Hi
My 1999 jeep wrangler seems to be low on freon. I hear the compressor kicking in but there is vey little cold coming out of the vent. Any suggestions. Do I need to put in more freon and if so what kind of freon do I need.
Thanks
Mel

1999 does not use Freon its Suva R134a.
All AC checks will need a set of gauges and high and low side readings taken.

I know it sounds anal but do not want someone sending an old can of freon r12 from their garage into system.

TIPS
There are no codes.
Will the AC compressor engage - will it stay on or cycle on off?
Do you have AC gauges both HIGH and LOW side?

EDIT: Check that your blend door is w or king properly. A blend door stuck open takes outside air through the heat and AC. When it closes you cycle internal air. end edit.

Funny I was reading this on the ride home cause the AC in the car I was in wasnt blowing really cold.
Important if you filling.. There is a leak. The gas doesn't go bad, ware out or evaporate from a sealed system. It might be best to get some leak dye in there so when you do get it fixed you know where all the leaks are.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Recharge-Your-Cars-Air-Conditioner/

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I was having the same problem, and I ended up picking up a set of gauges from Harbor Freight. It's not too expensive, and you can tell how much you're putting in (you don't want to over pressurize the system).

Back