Intriduction

Perdido

Good morning all! Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions regarding a new to me Jeep YJ that is in need of a lot of love. I've been away from Jeeps for a long time and the last one I owned was a 1976 CJ7 in the late 70s and I loved everything about it except that nothing was secure in it on the streets of Birmingham, AL! First question, my son likes the CJ look with the round headlights and since I've pulled the grill, fenders, and hood on the YJ can I just replace them with sheet metal from a CJ or TJ without too much difficulty? Since I restore cars as a hobby I understand that I will probably put more into this than I'll ever get back, but I really enjoy the working on cars from the 50s thru the 70s and this looks very similar in construction. TIA for any comments and advice.
Rut

Attachments

• IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 25

you con bolt cj stuff right on. even the front bumper can use a cj bumper

Thanks guys! It looks pretty straightforward with very little fitting, just some cutting for the frame rails and the PS hoses. I've got two beat up fenders and a questionable hood currently, but a nice grill. I'll check with the local Jeep people who I know and see if they know where some cheap parts are located. I've got some of the YJ dismantled and everything looks good...new front brakes and PS pump on the way as well.
Thanks again, Rut

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Back