Cable going to vacuum pump yj

mmello13

So I'm confused. I bought an 87 YJ from a guy in new Hampshire and it has a cable going from under the dash to where the vacuum pump for the 4wd is located. The knob to pull says PTO. Something tells me this jeep doesn't have a power take off lol. I'm changing axles on it and had to remove that whole assembly on the axle. My questions are what is that cable for and will I be able to replace the vacuum pump on my other axle with this? I'll post pictures in a few have to go tale them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Someone bypassed the CAD system that was powered by vac, and replaced it with a cablr actuator. Vac lines are known to fail, and the cable takes thier place. Works good, anf works,all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Jeepz.com mobile app

Oh ok so the vacuum wires are just there for show then? It's all the cable that locks it into 4wd? Will that be able to go into my other axle still?

Here's the picture
8074733c9d7b842b6750bf7e60a0df16-1.jpg
f4b915f3d3e71417ef8622e33550a276-1.jpg
b59ce0131c93c27264b16eab9eb5508a-1.jpg
fca73f25c7ed6daf4138565fa67531af-1.jpg

Vac lines not operable now... it locks the two parts of the pass side shaft together via cable now. I dont understand the other axle question...your transfer case transfers power to both rears

Vac lines not operable now... it locks the two parts of the pass side shaft together via cable now. I dont understand the other axle question...your transfer case transfers power to both rears

I am doing am axle swap. I'm taking the axle off my 88 and transferring it over to my 87. Bc it has 4.10 gears and a spring over kit. I am wondering if I take that pump relay off with the cable mount directly to the other axle.

Ok. I'll check it out when I have a chance to drop the other axle and install it.

Thanks that helped.

Back