2001 Jeep Wrangler advice

Sarahw

I am looking to purchase a jeep and found this ad online for a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on if I should check it out or how much I should offer for it because of all the work done on it. The new engine was put in by jeep and they still have the paperwork for it. Here is the ad. Thank you.
IMG_2844.PNG IMG_2843.PNG

oh, ok. than I guess if the price was posted also, we could make a better decision on if its a good deal or not. since an engine has already been swapped in, I would offer very low because that jeep is newer so there would not be a good reason to replace the motor unless they submerged it and then there will be other problems.

It had almost 200k miles on it do you think that had anything to do w getting a new engine ? They want 8200 but will negotiate a fee hundred dollars. Is that too much still?

200k miles on the 4.0 is nothing. for my area, that price is high, especially with having to swap a motor already. and I see it says they replaced the computer and transmission so i would stay away form it, myself. something happened to it and for 8200 bucks, you should be able to get a stock unmodified one with original engine and trans in good shape. for that price, you should be able to get something newer.

when people add bolt on stuff, like steps, bumpers, and lights, it doesn't increase a vehicle's value. that's a loss they take.

Uhhhhh?? Never had a problem is a red flag!,, only problem was the exhaust...

New motor transmission computer and exhaust.
The rest of the descriptions are mushy. No detail.

If the light bar rotted I'd be poking that frame and underside awfully hard.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back