Recovery bag items

mmello13

I need to cut down on clutter in my trunk but carry my recovery bags all the time bc you just never know. Haha. What are the main items needed to have in the recovery bag? I have axle chains a couple short lengths of chain a 3 tow straps jumper cables winch cable gloves rear hitch shackle snatch block. Anything I can leave out do to lost people carrying them? Or anything I should put into it? I have everything in 2 bags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

All I carry is the bag that came with the Willy's package. Tow strap gloves and a d ring.. also have an air compressor and jumper cables and most importantly is my cell phone to call friends to help if all else fails...lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yup that's happened too. Lol

Jumper cables only work if you have a battery to jump to.

I carry one of those Li-On jump starters, DBPower 18,000 mWh. Amazon for $69.99.

Batteries often go without warning....you shut down to go look at a vista and come back to a click....click.....click when turning the ignition. That's a big problem 25 miles in an 15 miles from cell service.

Jumper cables only work if you have a battery to jump to.

I carry one of those Li-On jump starters, DBPower 18,000 mWh. Amazon for $69.99.

Batteries often go without warning....you shut down to go look at a vista and come back to a click....click.....click when turning the ignition. That's a big problem 25 miles in an 15 miles from cell service.
That is the bonus to driving a stick. Get her rolling a little bit and pop the clutches.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

That's true too. Lol

I need to cut down on clutter in my trunk but carry my recovery bags all the time bc you just never know. Haha. What are the main items needed to have in the recovery bag? I have axle chains a couple short lengths of chain a 3 tow straps jumper cables winch cable gloves rear hitch shackle snatch block. Anything I can leave out do to lost people carrying them? Or anything I should put into it? I have everything in 2 bags.

My favorite, a Warn Zeon 8k w/synthetic and wireless remote, wired remote for back up, several snatch blocks (to pull you sideways), tree saver, 3 soft shackles, one tow strap already hooked to the reciever shackle when on the trail, coiled, and zip tied to my GOBI ready (don't want to dive in cold water or mud when I need it) A high quality "snatch strap", winch line extender, ALL the gear for my high-lift jack, a chainsaw, 2 pairs of gloves and a ziplock bag full of patience and a positive attitude.

Back