I change my gear ratio and I have larger tires how do I adjust my speedometer

tf888

I went from stock tires to 33's I also changed my gears how do I adjust my speedometer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from stock tires to 33's I also changed my gears how do I adjust my speedometer

You need a programmer then just put the new gear ratio in and then for the tires you need the measured height. Not the side wall height.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You need a programmer then just put the new gear ratio in and then for the tires you need the measured height. Not the side wall height.

Sorry not what it says on the sidewall. So if it says 35 but height measures 33.5. You put in 33.5

Thank you where do I get this program

Online. There a few different one. I have the flashpaq

1999 wrangler 33 inch tires

you are going to have to google if that one gets programmed or not. you might end up having to buy a different speedo gear to match the tire size.

Thank you I already ordered one waiting for to come in

Changing the speedo gear works well if you can find the right tooth count for your tire size and gear ratio.

I've used this adjustable signal interface with great success. Worked well for me as I ran 2 different sizes whether I had my road or trail tires installed. Universal Speedometer Signal Interface
prd_126.jpg

I took mine to a Dino shop that specialized in everything tuning. They hooker her up to a computer and read the speeds over a periods of an hour and adjusted it accordingly. I think that is the best route for accuracy, but I know many shops just use a chart to program.

Back