16 JK Unlimited Rubicon Newby Tire Help

Jetema

Thanks in advance for the suggestions while I get up to speed on jeeping.

I am planning a 3 1/2 lift in the spring but need new tires now. I won't be off roading until the spring but want to get the largest tires I can fit on my stock rims as i wont be changing those yet. Hey, I'm shelling out a fortune just in payments each month! I need actual tire sizes that would work for my rims. If I need a spacer for the rims that is reasonable but I really need specifics. I can't translate, you can run 33's on those rims Into an actual tire size that is available. So help me out with some specifics would ya? Prefer the BFG KO2 if possible.

Current tire size is 255/75-17.

Thanks for the help! Jeff

Anything larger then what you have you’ll want tires & rims. I know it sucks I had the same issue otherwise you will need wheel spacers and if not properly installed can fail horribly leaving you with a bigger issue. I run 35x12.5R17 it’s the step up from the p255 I also run with a 2.5” lift so you can get away with 37’s but anything over 35” if you have an automatic you’ll also need to regear because you’ll lose a lot of power
0d4d36f6028cff3fd3fa0db9592624d8-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Also anything more then a 2.5” lift you’ll need to change the angle of the driveshaft and get longer break lines and such the 2.5” was made to keep all the same oem parts intact didn’t know if you were aware of that

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back